Prevention is our first priority. To maintain the best possible oral health, you are advised to brush twice daily for 2 minutes with a fluoride toothpaste, and floss once.
We encourage our patients to attend regularly every 6 months for a through oral examination.
During your examination your dentist will check:
- For signs of tooth decay
- Gum health
- Jaw function and bite position
- Oral cancer screening
- Check old existing restorations
- Discuss oral hygiene techniques
- Give diet advice
- Take and diagnose x-rays when required
- Answer any questions or give advice
It’s great to take a child to visit the dentist as soon as their first teeth come through, so they become familiar with the environment and get to know the dentist.